How long does it take to transcribe a
There is no exact time that can be given as it depends on a number of
factors: a) the length of the digital recording b) the clarity of the audio and speed
at which the person is speaking c) the content/complexity d)
the recording quality/environment and the position of
the microphone. However, as a guide, it typically takes one hour
to transcribe/type a 15 minute dictation (e.g. four times the
length of dictation).
What dictation/transcription software will I need to
use your 'digital' service?
You will need a digital recorder, an email
account and access to the internet. Once you dictate your
work, the file is uploaded to your PC and can be sent to us securely
via FTP through a secure upload
will then transcribe the digital
file using our transcription software and return the completed work to
recorders are recommended?
a well known brand. Some of the more popular
recorders include those from Philips, Sanyo, Sony, Grundig and
Olympus. We highly recommend the DS-series (eg.
DS2300) by Olympus.
Which file format is best?
E-quip Business Solutions can transcribe most digital file formats (DSS, WAV,
MP3, DVV, DVF). However, for voice recordings we recommend you choose a
DSS format (SP mode) for the best voice quality. This file format is
compressed which makes sending the file less problematic and it has
the ability to store helpful and detailed file information in the
What are the advantages of going
- Superior quality
- Recordings do not deteriorate over time.
- No length restrictions.
- Easy to add dictation in the middle of a
- No issue over re-use, simply save to
another file name.
- Recordings can be copied without
- Recordings are easily edited.
- Less storage requirements as the file
remains on your PC.
- Quick delivery by FTP or e-mail, no
postage or courier costs.
What are your terms of
- Additional expenses such as postage/courier service,
outlay, stationery etc. will be charged at cost.
- Out of hours, weekend and bank holiday
rates may differ.
- All work is delivered upon
receipt of payment.
- Payment is accepted by electronic transfer,
cheque or PayPal.
- Rates or overall project costing agreed at outset.
- Document delivery is electronic
or by post/fax.
Monthly retainers are available on request.